SunKiss is delighted to be partnering with the leading healthcare provider Dubai London Clinic, to offer 50% off on mole screening and free beauty consultations, to raise awareness of sun damage.
May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month, and to mark this, SunKiss partners with Dubai London Clinic, to raise awareness of the importance of sun protection through education and guidance on healthy skin. With the unrelenting desert climate of the UAE, constant sun exposure holds a series of risks, making sun protection mandatory for all.
During the month of May, with every purchase of SunKiss, customers will receive a 50 per cent off on mole checking worth AED 450, plus a free aesthetics consultation.
Upon placing your order through our website, you will receive an email with an exclusive code which will lead you book your skin/mole screening using the special half price discount at Dubai London Clinic
Skin cancer is one of the most preventable forms of the condition. Having five or more instances of sun burn doubles your risk of developing melanoma, one of the three types of cancer. Ultraviolet lights consisting of UVB (shorter wavelength) and UVA (longer) suppress the skin’s immune function, which causes a myriad of potential risks. Dubai London Clinic’s, Dr. Umesh Nihalani, Specialist Dermatologist, shares the common misconceptions, explains the dangers of tanning and sun exposure, and offers guidance on how to keep skin protected.
“The danger of unprotected exposure includes sunburn, phototoxic reactions, wrinkles and accelerated ageing, pigmentation and skin cancers. There are also several skin inflammatory conditions that can be aggravated by sun exposure,” says Dr. Umesh.
Key steps for protecting skin:
- Always use SPF, even on cloudy days and throughout the winter
- The best sunscreen is broad spectrum, as it protects against both UVA and UVB rays
- Sunscreen needs to be applied 30 minutes before exposure, re-applied at the point of sun exposure, and then every two hours. When sweating and swimming, it should be reapplied more often.
- Using sunscreen prevents sunburn, skin cancer and delays the ageing process
Common misconceptions and the facts:
- Fiction : Tanning is safe if protected
- Fact : Tanning is physical evidence of DNA injury to your skin.
- Fiction : A few minutes in the sun does you no harm
- Fact : each dose of ultraviolet radiation, large or small, adds up leading to skin damage
- Fiction : If it’s cloudy or you’re indoors you don’t need sunscreen
- Fact : ultraviolet rays are not filtered by clouds, and indirect rays coming through glass still causes damage
- Fiction : Applying sunscreen once a day is enough
- Fact : Sunscreen should be reapplied every two hours, and even more if swimming or sweating
- Fiction : Small amount of sunscreen is enough for protection
- Fact : an average adult person needs 6 teaspoons of sunscreen lotion applied on exposed areas.
- Fiction : Excessive sun protection leads to Vitamin D deficiency
- Fact : you need only five minutes (10 minutes for darker skin types) of sun exposure on a small part of your body like arms and legs, to get your daily vitamin D requirement.
Whilst most sunscreens protect skin, they have a grave impact on the environment. SunKiss is the UAE’s first homegrown sun care brand that is sustainable and environmentally friendly, offering a premium range of broad-spectrum SPF products for the whole family. Carefully crafted in the UAE, the reef-friendly collection contributes to eco-sustainability and minimises the carbon footprint. The products are presented in reusable, refillable and recyclable aluminium packaging, and are all vegan, cruelty-free and non-comedogenic (meaning the products won’t clog your pores).